Your Councillors by Ward

Local Councillors are elected by the community to decide how the council should carry out its various activities. They represent public interest as well as individuals living within the ward in which he or she has been elected to serve a term of office.

They have regular contact with the general public through council meetings, telephone calls or surgeries. Surgeries provide an opportunity for any ward resident to go and talk their councillor face to face and these take place on a regular basis.

Political Representation

Monmouthshire has 46 Councillors representing 39 electoral divisions that are elected by registered voters in their wards. The political representation on Monmouthshire County Council is:

Labour: 22
Conservative: 18
Independent Group: 4
Green Independent Group: 2

The Leader of the Council is Mary Ann Brocklesby and the deputy leader is Paul Griffiths. The Chief Executive is Paul Matthews.

A role description for a County Councillor is available here

To find your councillor please use the below links:

 Bulwark and Thornwell


 Caldicot Castle

 Caldicot Cross


 Chepstow Castle & Larkfield






 Gobion Fawr

 Goetre Fawr



 Llanbadoc & Usk

 Llanelly Hill

 Llanfoist & Govilon

 Llangybi Fawr

 Llantilio Crossenny

 Magor East with Undy

 Magor West


 Mitchel Troy and Trellech United

 Mount Pleasant




 Pen Y Fal






 St Arvans

 St. Kingsmark


 West End


Members Remuneration and Expenses

It is the role of the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales to set the level of remuneration that a person should receive for conducting their duties as a County Councillor. The Council will annually publish a schedule of remuneration that a councillor should receive for the financial year as well as publish a list of members allowances received for the previous financial year. Copies of which are available below:

Schedule of Remuneration 2020-21

Schedule of Remuneration 2021-22

Schedule of Remuneration 2022-23

Schedule of Remuneration 2023-24

Members Allowances 2020-21

Members Allowances 2021-22

Members Allowances 2022-23

How to make a complaint about a Councillor

All Councillors and Co-opted members must abide by the Authority's Code of Conduct. Any alleged breaches of the code of conduct should be reported to the Monitoring Officer (James Williams, 01633 644064 / and the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales. Further in information on how to make a complaint and a copy of the Code of Conduct is available here