Purpose of committee
The standards Committee consists of 3 councillors, 5 co-opted individuals with voting powers and 1 individual from the community.
The Standards Committee is responsible for promoting and maintaining high standards of conduct by councillors and co-opted members. It is their role to assist the above in complying with the members code of conduct and, where necessary, investigating reports or complaints of breach of the code of conduct which extend to Town and Community Councils. The committee also ensure that the authority’s whistle blowing policy and complaints procedure operate effectively.
- Richard Stow (Independent Member) (Chair)
- Rhian Williams-Flew (Independent Member)
- Peter Easy (Independent Member)
- Marion Gibson (Independent Member)
- Irene Cameron (Community Committee Member)
Support officer: Democratic Services.
Phone: 01633 644219