Purpose of committee
The standards Committee consists of 3 councillors, 5 co-opted individuals with voting powers and 1 individual from the community.
The Standards Committee is responsible for promoting and maintaining high standards of conduct by councillors and co-opted members. It is their role to assist the above in complying with the members code of conduct and, where necessary, investigating reports or complaints of breach of the code of conduct which extend to Town and Community Councils. The committee also ensure that the authority’s whistle blowing policy and complaints procedure operate effectively.
- Rhian Williams-Flew
- Peter Easy
- County Councillor David Evans
- County Councillor Jane Pratt
- County Councillor Sheila Woodhouse
- Trevor Auld (Indepent Representative) (Chair)
- Richard Stow (Independent Representative) (Vice-Chair)
- Richard McGonigle (Independent Representative)
- Irene Cameron (Community Representative)
Support officer: Democratic Services.
Phone: 01633 644219