Purpose of committee
Cabinet comprises 8 county councillors, including the leader and deputy and is appointed by the leader of the Council. Each Cabinet member has their own portfolio with responsibility for a number of services within the Council. To view the area of responsibility for each cabinet member select a member from the list below.
Decisions can be taken by all cabinet members at a cabinet meeting or by the individual cabinet member, depending on the type of decision, and its implications.
A forward plan of decisions to be taken by cabinet or cabinet members is available here.
Cabinet is responsible for ensuring that council policies are implemented correctly and discharges any other functions that are not the responsibility of the Council.
- County Councillor Mary Ann Brocklesby
- County Councillor Sara Burch
- County Councillor Catherine Fookes
- County Councillor Rachel Catherine Garrick
- County Councillor Paul Griffiths
- County Councillor Martyn Groucutt
- County Councillor Catrin Maby
- County Councillor Tudor Thomas
- County Councillor Richard John
- County Councillor Frances Taylor
Support officer: Democratic Services.
Phone: 01633 644219