Purpose of committee
The role of the Planning Committee is to guide the council in the formulation of its policies relating to Town and Country Planning and to exercise the powers and duties of the council as the Planning Authority. The committee consists of 16 councillors.
The Planning Committee determines applications under the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 and related legislation in relation to the following:
- Planning applications for mineral extraction or waste disposal unless in respect of small-scale works which are ancillary to an existing mineral working or waste disposal facility;
- Planning applications accompanied by an Environmental Impact Statement;
- Planning applications which represent a significant departure from Structure Plan or Local Plan Policy;
- Planning applications which, by their scale, nature or location, have implications which extend beyond the limits of the area in which they are situated.
Speaking at a Planning Committee
In order to assess whether you are eligible to speak in relation to a planning application please read the public speaking protocol to understand the rules and criteria which may or may not allow you to make representations.
- County Councillor Ruth Edwards (Chair)
- County Councillor Peter Clarke (Vice-Chair)
- County Councillor Jez Becker
- County Councillor Debby Blakebrough
- County Councillor Louise Brown
- County Councillor Alan Davies
- County Councillor David Dovey
- County Councillor David Evans
- County Councillor Mat Feakins
- County Councillor Roger Harris
- County Councillor Jim Higginson
- County Councillor Giles Howard
- County Councillor Phil Murphy
- County Councillor Maureen Powell
- County Councillor Ann Webb
Support officer: Democratic Services.
Phone: 01633 644219