Adults Select Committee
Purpose of committee
Adults Select Committee ensures that services are relevant and responsive to the needs of adults, protect and promote health and well-being, including amongst others the following relevant areas:
- Safeguarding Adults, including Mental Health services and Disability services.
- Adult Social Care, including Domiciliary Care, Residential Care, Nursing Home Care, Community Care, Occupational Therapy, Re-ablement, Assistive Technology, Community Meals Service, Sensory Impairment Services.
- Support to Families and Carers, including Respite and Short Breaks.
- Adult Education, including Learning Disability Services.
- Integrated Adults Services with Health Partners.
- Joint Strategic Needs Assessment.
- Protecting and supporting vulnerable Adults.
- “Transition agenda” from young people to Adults.
- Protecting vulnerable Adults (POVA) and Supporting People.
- Homelessness prevention.
- Domestic Violence Service, Drug and Alcohol Services.
- Public health and wellbeing promotion through Single Integrated Plan.
- Leisure services in terms of health outcomes.
- Welfare Rights.
- Community Legal Service.
Select Committee Public Open Forum ~ Guidance
Our Select Committee meetings are live streamed and a link to the live stream will be available on the meeting page of the Monmouthshire County Council website
If you would like to share your thoughts on any proposals being discussed by Select Committees, you can submit your representation via this form
· Please share your views by uploading a video or audio file (maximum of 4 minutes) or;
· Please submit a written representation (via Microsoft Word, maximum of 500 words)
You will need to register for a My Monmouthshire account in order to submit the representation or use your log in, if you have registered previously.
The deadline for submitting representations to the Council is 5pm three clear working days in advance of the meeting.
If representations received exceed 30 minutes, a selection of these based on theme will be shared at the Select Committee meeting. All representations received will be made available to councillors prior to the meeting.
If you would like to suggest future topics for scrutiny by one of our Select Committees, please do so by emailing Scrutiny@monmouthshire.gov.uk
- Chris Bowie
- Tony Crowhurst
Support officer: Democratic Services.
Phone: 01633 644219