Adults Select Committee
Purpose of committee
Adults Select Committee ensures that services are relevant and responsive to the needs of adults, protect and promote health and well-being, including amongst others the following relevant areas:
- Safeguarding Adults, including Mental Health services and Disability services.
- Adult Social Care, including Domiciliary Care, Residential Care, Nursing Home Care, Community Care, Occupational Therapy, Re-ablement, Assistive Technology, Community Meals Service, Sensory Impairment Services.
- Support to Families and Carers, including Respite and Short Breaks.
- Adult Education, including Learning Disability Services.
- Integrated Adults Services with Health Partners.
- Joint Strategic Needs Assessment.
- Protecting and supporting vulnerable Adults.
- “Transition agenda” from young people to Adults.
- Protecting vulnerable Adults (POVA) and Supporting People.
- Homelessness prevention.
- Domestic Violence Service, Drug and Alcohol Services.
- Public health and wellbeing promotion through Single Integrated Plan.
- Leisure services in terms of health outcomes.
- Welfare Rights.
- Community Legal Service.
- County Councillor Debby Blakebrough (Chair)
- County Councillor Louise Brown
- County Councillor Lisa Dymock
- County Councillor Martyn Groucutt
- County Councillor Paul Pavia
- County Councillor Jane Pratt
- County Councillor Roger Harris
- County Councillor Ruth Edwards
- County Councillor Sheila Woodhouse
Support officer: Democratic Services.
Phone: 01633 644219