Strong Communities Select Committee
Purpose of committee
Strong Communities Select ensure they are responsive to the needs of residents, promoting their safety and well-being. Key roles for this committee are:
- To ensure the Council supports the development of new and sustainable communities and supports the resilience of existing communities through Local area co-ordination.
- To review and improve the Council’s links with the Voluntary Sector.
- To scrutinise the delivery of the Single Integrated Plan, allocating specific scrutiny areas to other select committees where appropriate.
- To scrutinise key services provided in partnership to local communities to ensure effective multi-agency action is delivered, including amongst others:
o Infrastructure and networks.
o Highways (including SWTRA), Transport and Traffic Management.
o Street Lighting.
o Waste Management.
o Community Safety.
o Estates and Sustainability.
o Facilities and Accommodation Management.
o Citizen Engagement.
o Community Safety.
o Chief Executive Function.
o Revenues, Council Tax, Non-Domestic Rates and Finance.
o Corporate Costs / Levies.
o Appropriations (including external debt costs from earmarked reserves, costs resulting from fixed asset disposal).
o Financing (including core funding from WG, council tax income).
Select Committee Public Open Forum ~ Guidance
Our Select Committee meetings are live streamed and a link to the live stream will be available on the meeting page of the Monmouthshire County Council website
If you would like to share your thoughts on any proposals being discussed by Select Committees, you can submit your representation via this form
· Please share your views by uploading a video or audio file (maximum of 4 minutes) or;
· Please submit a written representation (via Microsoft Word, maximum of 500 words)
You will need to register for a My Monmouthshire account in order to submit the representation or use your log in, if you have registered previously.
The deadline for submitting representations to the Council is 5pm three clear working days in advance of the meeting.
If representations received exceed 30 minutes, a selection of these based on theme will be shared at the Select Committee meeting. All representations received will be made available to councillors prior to the meeting.
If you would like to suggest future topics for scrutiny by one of our Select Committees, please do so by emailing Scrutiny@monmouthshire.gov.uk
Support officer: Democratic Services.
Phone: 01633 644219