Economy and Development Select Committee
Purpose of committee
Economy & Development Select are responsive to the needs of businesses, residents and visitors, promoting economic activity, including:
- Scrutiny of the Management of Regeneration and Culture Directorate.
- Strategic economic development, place shaping and enterprise.
- Promoting and sustaining economic growth.
- Job creation and ensuring opportunities for skills and vocational training.
- Public Health, Environmental Health and Trading Standards.
- Public realm – Culture, libraries, museums and theatre.
- The Planning Function – Building Control, Development Control, Local Development Plans, Economic Development and Housing.
- Scrutiny of collaborative initiatives such as the Shared Resource Service (SRS) and CMC2 and others as appropriate.
Select Committee Public Open Forum ~ Guidance
Our Select Committee meetings are live streamed and a link to the live stream will be available on the meeting page of the Monmouthshire County Council website
If you would like to share your thoughts on any proposals being discussed by Select Committees, you can submit your representation via this form
· Please share your views by uploading a video or audio file (maximum of 4 minutes) or;
· Please submit a written representation (via Microsoft Word, maximum of 500 words)
You will need to register for a My Monmouthshire account in order to submit the representation or use your log in, if you have registered previously.
The deadline for submitting representations to the Council is 5pm three clear working days in advance of the meeting.
If representations received exceed 30 minutes, a selection of these based on theme will be shared at the Select Committee meeting. All representations received will be made available to councillors prior to the meeting.
If you would like to attend one of our meetings to speak under the Public Open Forum at the meeting, you will need to give three working days’ notice by contacting Scrutiny@monmouthshire.gov.uk
The amount of time afforded to each member of the public to speak is at the chair’s discretion, but to enable us to accommodate multiple speakers, we ask that contributions be no longer than 3 minutes.
If you would like to suggest future topics for scrutiny by one of our Select Committees, please do so by emailing Scrutiny@monmouthshire.gov.uk