Children and Young People Select Committee
Purpose of committee
Children & Young People Select ensure services are relevant and responsive to the needs of young people, protecting and promoting their health and well-being, including amongst others the following relevant areas:
- Safeguarding Children, including social care and health, services for vulnerable children and families, Child Protection, Children in Public Care, Home Finding, Family Centres and Aids & Adaptations for disabled children.
- Youth Justice and youth offending service.
- Youth clubs and leisure facilities for young people.
- Special Support Services, Pupil Support Services.
- Education, including School Performance Management, Resource Management, Management, Governor Support, Health & Safety, Financial and ICT Services, School Planning, Transport, Admissions, Student Grants and School Meals.
- Management of Individual Schools Budgets, Schools Delegated Budgets, the Authority’s Schools Individually Managed Budgets.
- County Councillor Louise Brown
- County Councillor Martyn Groucutt
- County Councillor Laura Jones
- County Councillor Dave Jones
- County Councillor Malcolm Lane
- County Councillor Maureen Powell
- County Councillor Tudor Thomas (Chair)
- County Councillor Jo Watkins
- Annette Daly
- Vacant Seat (Roman Catholic Church)
- Vacant Seat (Co-optee)
- Peter Strong NEU
- Fay Middleton (Trade Union)
- Elizabeth Thomas
- Maggie Harris
Support officer: Democratic Services.
Phone: 01633 644219