Venue: County Hall, The Rhadyr, Usk, NP15 1GA
Contact: Democratic Services
Apologies for absence
Declarations of Interest
Bus Services in Monmouthshire:
a) Friends of the 65 Bus - presentation
b) Withdrawal of the Severn Express
c) National Express Coach Services: how it fits with public transport generally and comment on the withdrawal of services from Monmouth
d) X3 service changes
e) Proposed MCC Bus Strategy
Christian Schmidt, Transport Projects and Programmes Manager
Rail Stakeholder Engagement
Nichole Sarra, Stakeholder Manager, Transport for Wales
· Local Station usage
A) Chepstow Transport Study: WelTAG Phase 2
B) Matters raised by the North Monmouthshire Area Committee
1. Inappropriate parking at Nevill Hall Hospital
2. Health and Safety issues for track workers relating to open flush toilets on the trains.
3. New trains will not include toilet provision.
4. Parking issues at Abergavenny Railway Station.
5. Removal of the early morning X3 bus service.
6. Bus routes in Llanellen not being gritted
7. Ongoing issue regarding lack of a bus stop at Park Road in Abergavenny to replace the Lower Frogmore Street Bus Stop removed as part of the now completed pedestrianisation scheme.
Re: reconfiguration of Strategic Transport Group meetings, it was decided, by the Area Committee, that a way forward would be to form a sub group comprising of members of the North Monmouthshire Area Committee and the Central Monmouthshire Area Committee meetings to look at local transport issues.
The date of the next meeting was confirmed as 29th April 2020