Purpose of committee
The standards Committee consists of 3 councillors, 5 co-opted individuals with voting powers and 1 individual from the community.
The Standards Committee is responsible for promoting and maintaining high standards of conduct by councillors and co-opted members. It is their role to assist the above in complying with the members code of conduct and, where necessary, investigating reports or complaints of breach of the code of conduct which extend to Town and Community Councils. The committee also ensure that the authority’s whistle blowing policy and complaints procedure operate effectively.
A copy of the code of conduct is available.
Should you wish to make a complaint to the standards regarding a breach of the code of conduct, independent guidance from the Local Government Ombudsman is available.
- Michael John
- Richard Stow (Independent Member) (Chair)
- Rhian Williams-Flew (Independent Member)
- Peter Easy (Independent Member)
- Marion Gibson (Independent Member)
- County Councillor Ben Callard
- County Councillor Frances Taylor
- County Councillor Fay Bromfield
Support officer: Democratic Services.
Phone: 01633 644219