Economy and Development Select Committee
Purpose of committee
Economy & Development Select are responsive to the needs of businesses, residents and visitors, promoting economic activity, including:
- Scrutiny of the Management of Regeneration and Culture Directorate.
- Strategic economic development, place shaping and enterprise.
- Promoting and sustaining economic growth.
- Job creation and ensuring opportunities for skills and vocational training.
- Public Health, Environmental Health and Trading Standards.
- Public realm – Culture, libraries, museums and theatre.
- The Planning Function – Building Control, Development Control, Local Development Plans, Economic Development and Housing.
- Scrutiny of collaborative initiatives such as the Shared Resource Service (SRS) and CMC2 and others as appropriate.
- County Councillor Debby Blakebrough
- County Councillor Jez Becker
- County Councillor Alan Davies
- County Councillor David Dovey
- County Councillor Mat Feakins
- County Councillor Paul Pavia (Chair)
- County Councillor Richard Roden
- County Councillor Brian Strong
- County Councillor Armand Watts