Agenda and minutes
Venue: The Council Chamber, County Hall, Rhadyr, Usk, NP15 1GA
Contact: Democratic Services
Note: The Licensing and Regulatory Sub Committee Meeting to follow the Licensing and Regulatory Committee Meeting which is being held at 10.00am.
Declarations of Interest
There were no declarations of interest received.
We received an application to consider an application for a Premises Licence under the Licensing Act 2003 for Chepstow store, 4-5 Beaufort Square, Chepstow, NP16 5LG.
The Chairman welcomed all to the meeting and introduced Members of the Sub Committee and officers present.
The Licensing Officer presented the key issues, which summarised:
A new application for a premises licence under the Licensing Act 2003 was received from Mr. Alpesh Patel for the Chepstow Store, 4-5 Beaufort Square, Chepstow, NP16 5LG for the following:
· Supply of Alcohol (Off sales) Monday to Sunday 06.00hrs – 24.00hrs.
· Hours Open to the Public Monday to Sunday 06.00hrs – 24.00hrs.
If granted the licence would also be subject to Mandatory Conditions, which are attached to the report as Appendix C.
A representation was received against the application from Heddlu Gwent Police of the ‘Responsible Authorities’. Representations were also received from four other persons.
Gwent Police would not object to this application if the following amendments were made to the application:
· CCTV cameras shall be installed both inside and outside the premises and these cameras shall be operational at all times the premises is trading. All recordings shall be retained for a minimum of 28 days and shall be made available for inspection by an Authorised Officer on request.
· A Challenge 21 policy shall be operated at the premises at all times. If operating a Challenge 21 policy, all staff shall check the identification of all persons who appear to be less than 21 years old. This check shall be made by examining either a passport, photographic driving licence. No other form of identification shall be accepted.
· Publicity materials notifying customers of the operation of the Challenge 21 schemes shall be displayed at the premises.
· The Premises Licence Holder shall operate and maintain an up-to-date Register of Refusals of Sale of Alcohol, indicating the date, time and reason for refusal which shall be made available for inspection by any Responsible Authority under the Licensing Act 2003. The DPS shall check the book once a week ensuring that it is complete and up to date. The DPS will sign the book each time it is checked.
· A documented training scheme shall be introduced for all staff. The scheme shall be made available for inspection at the request of any Responsible Authority under the Licensing Act 2003.
· Employees shall be instructed not to serve anyone behaving in a drunk or disorderly manner.
The applicant had agreed to the Police recommendations via email.
In relation to the other objectors. An email was issued by the Licensing Section to the four persons, advising them of the amended application. The email requested the objectors to confirm if they wished to pursue their objection in view of the change to the original application. Three persons stated they wished to continue with the objection to the application and the Licensing Section received no response from the remaining person who made the original objection. The objections are summarised as follows:
· The area already ... view the full minutes text for item 2.